segunda-feira, 25 de março de 2024

The Medley

 Olha bem, mulher


I am a pool of comeuppance. A whirlwind of poor choices and misunderstanding, I wake up several times a day, to new discoveries and circumstances, all of which are bad. 


Eu voltei a ouvir a música! De algum jeito quebrado, talvez através de um copo de vidro, colado a lateral da minha cabeça. Os sons são opacos e se misturam com muita facilidade. Mas a música está lá! E com a sua ajuda, eu consigo discernir novamente: Ritmo, timbre e melodia. 


 El ritmo es que caminas por la calle, tu silueta bañada por la luna, brillando casi sin luz, el tiempo se ralentiza, solo para apreciarte.


The timbre is, again, my heart fluttering, unbelieving and undeserving, slow and faulty reflexes, not knowing what this noise is, for the longest of eons braving this silence. This thumping is scary, new, and terrifying.  


A melodia é o seu perfume. O brilho dos teus olhos. Seu sorriso leve. Seu tapa no meu braço. Todo seu desconforto com minhas investidas. A dúvida por trás das palavras não ditas.


I am complete, in my understanding of how utterly hollow I am. These may all be reflected light, singing fae, will-o-whisps. I am unable to grow, to perceive, to call out. I am drunk on this feeling, again. I feel alive, after all this pain, I am ready for it again. I know my face will be bloody and my heart will crumble again for what it does not have. I am here for it, it seems.

I can't even.

Olha bem, mulher

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário