sexta-feira, 21 de junho de 2024

Close friends

We kissed.

profoundly and electrifying

We were just talking; suddenly we were laying down and our faces got close

too close for comfort

the first words out of your mouth were

this is wrong; this is bad; we shouldn't;

bitterly, I agreed

we took off our clothes and mingled until we were covered in sweat

When I woke up, I almost threw up

that felt so bad that I got physically ill

I felt as if all the salt of this sea of myself dried my mouth in an instant

I shouldn't be seeing you when I sleep

what kind of nightmare distorts reality in such a way, roots deep and sharp, enfolding my missing heart

I could swear, thought for sure that I'd never think of you again

I've been clean for so long, you chose the day of all days to be on my mind, after all this time, for nothing

I have no love for you, and this lust is not tempting enough

there are a lot of sharks in the water and I have been bleeding for a while

for now, I don't care if they won't bite

but, if there is a piece of you inside me here, somewhere

find your way out, or the piece they'll take will be you  

and I'll gladly let them

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário